Please Review Our Policies Before Applying

General Policies & Guidlines

tenant screening requirements:

  • No Eviction History Accepted
  • Section 8 Accepted based on Unit Availability
  • 550+ Credit Score Required
  • Must pass background check
  • Must make at least 3x in monthly income of the rent payment
  • All Units are Non Smoking Unless Otherwise stated

Depending on the property - Pet may be allowed with landlord approval and a $300 dollar non-refundable pet deposit - check the property listing for information. If Allowed:

  • Pets must be under 25lbs
  • Two Pets max
  • There is an additional $25 dollars monthly fee per pet

Rental Deposit is due upon lease signing in the amount equal to one months rent.


Any maintenance issues such as; Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, Electrical or Structural, please notify the landlord immediately so appropriate repairs can be made. 


Replacement Fees:

  • Garage Door Opener Remote - $50 Fee
  • Door Key - $10 Fee

Late Fees:

  • After 5 days landlord will charge $25 late fee, plus $5 for each day late until rent is paid in full along with any fee’s accrued.

Cleaning Fees:

  • Upon lease termination, cleaning fee’s will be taken out of your deposit

Noise Policy:

  • Please respect your neighbor, Excessive noise will not be tolerated.
  • If more than three complaints are filed with the Landlord, appropriate action will be taken to resolve the issue, including meeting with both parties and evictions.

Utility Companies - all utilities are the responsibility of the tenant unless otherwise stated in listing details or the lease itself:

  • KC Water Services
    • 816-513-1313
  • Missouri Gas Energy
    • 816-756-5252
  • KCP&L
    • 816-471-5275
  • City of Independence Utilities
  • Sugar Creek Utilities

Trash Services and Recycling

  • Trash pickup is based on the area you live, check with your local trash collection service.  Trash is the responsibility of the Tenant.
  • Please refer to Kansas City’s Public Works website for details on trash pickup policies and schedules. or contact your local city the information (City of Independence / Sugar Creek)